- Media News -
Time： 2017-12-01 10:30:18
Cleaning your hot tub filter is a vital part of hot tub maintenance and plays a key role in keeping its water safe and clean. While cleaning your hot tub filter may seem complex and cumbersome, it can actually be quite simple—particularly if you have a good set of instructions at your disposal. We’ll show you how to clean them up in just a few simple steps with Filter Cleaner.
Here’s our deep-clean method:
· Take out your dirty filter from your hot tub.
· Fill a large plastic pail with hot or cold water(Hot water cleans faster, but cold works, too) and add Filter Cleaner.
· Spray the filter with a hose, Clean off any large debris by spraying at a 45° angle.
· Put the filter in the soaking solution, making sure it is fully submerged.
· Soak for an hour if you used hot water, up to overnight for cold water or very dirty filters.
· Rinse again with the hose to remove any residue from the Filter Cleaner.
· Replace the filter in the spa and you’re done!
If your filters are over a year old, it’s time to replace them. Deep-cleaning makes a dirty filter clean, but it can’t make an old filter new.
Make this process even easier by keeping an extra set of filters and rotating them out at each drain and refill or filter cleaning. You can set the freshly deep-cleaned filters out to dry and always have a fresh filter to install.
When cleaning your hot tub filter, there are two important things you should avoid. First off, do not attempt to clean your hot tub filter in a washing machine or dish washer, as the immense water pressure can damage the filter irreparably. Secondly, do not try to clean your filter with bleach or laundry detergents, as they will cause severe foaming problems with your hot tub's water, much like other commercial cleaning products.
And there you have it. If you utilize the previously discussed methods of cleaning your hot tub filter—and avoid making the previously discussed mistakes—the water in your hot tub will remain nice and clean for years to come.